Authentica has announced improvements in its Secure Email and Active Rights Management products. Snippets:
Authentica allows e-mail senders to manage all permissions, preventing unauthorized forwarding, printing and saving of information, while also providing a full audit trail of all accesses to e-mail and attached documents. Secure Mail also leverages pre-existing authentication systems so that the user experience is transparent. This latest release [of Secure Email] delivers:
- Automatic and transparent availability of offline permissions: Provides mobile professionals with automatic access to protected content whether or not they are connected to a network.
- Enforcement of corporate-wide e-mail security policies: Corporations can set policies for expiration and retention of e-mail to comply with regulatory requirements and insure that all protected e-mails adhere exactly to those policies. Users can be prevented from overriding the corporate policy.
- Support for Microsoft Word for e-mail authoring: Supports e-mail editing with Microsoft Word, in addition to Microsoft Outlook.
- Display of rights policies clearly within each e-mail message: Recipients of rights protected e-mails will see expiration dates and all permissions displayed clearly with the message.
- Internationalization: Supports entry of double byte/Asian characters for messages, attachments, and addresses.