In no particular order:
- Discussion of DRM is framed in terms of freedom and creativity vs control and greed.
- The markets for enterprise and consumer solutions are largely distinct.
- After a round of consolidation and failure, venture money again flowed into DRM-related start-ups.
- Hope springs eternal on the part of media companies.
- Hope springs eternal on the part of consumers
- The markets remain global even though the word hasn't had any impact in many areas yet.
- DRM market segments remain largely distinct: consumer, enterprise, and platforms.